Morgan City, Louisiana, USA
The current title for this publication is The Daily Review, covering Morgan City and St. Mary Parish, Louisiana. "Morgan City Review" was an earlier masthead in the title's history. It is owned by Louisiana State Newspapers.
Traces to the weekly Morgan City Review, published since the 1870s (with roots in the Attakapas Register, in print in one form since 1857). The Morgan City Daily Review was founded in 1916 under managing editor Charles Edwin King; the weekly and daily editions consolidated in 1920 to form the daily Morgan City Review. The title changed to The Daily Review in 1963. Doyle "Red" Shirley purchased the paper from the Carmage Walls group in 1973 and ran it until his death in 2001, when sons Steve and Andy Shirley took over; Louisiana State Newspapers purchased the paper, along with two sister St. Mary Parish titles, from the Shirley family in 2010.
Has served St. Mary Parish since 1872 under its various predecessor titles.
Publisher: Mary Terry
Managing Editor: Bill Decker
Residents of Morgan City and St. Mary Parish, Louisiana.
Address
1014 Front St.
Morgan City, LA 70380
Phone
985-384-8370
Website
https://www.stmarynow.com
Sources
St. Mary Now. St. Mary and Franklin Banner-Tribune / Daily Review
LSU Libraries. Morgan City Daily Review
St. Mary Now. Contact Us